A safe haven in the middle of the metropolis: We took a traditional brick building with roots going back to the 1800s and set a new standard for hostel life in the UK.
What used to be sailors' lodgings in the olden days is now a hostel satisfying all needs of the modern traveler. With great attention to detail, we have created a hostel in London that celebrates the legacy of our historic building.
Old oak that was previously part of sturdy ships and churches is now immortalized in our furniture throughout the house. The pints you drink here will be served on a bar made from 500-year-old wood.
But as comfortable as our hostel might be, London's calling - and London's call is hard to ignore, given our location:
Our Wombat's City Hostel is situated in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, right next to famous Tower Bridge and Tower of London, charming markets, authentic pubs, and plenty of other historic sights.
A short walk will see you in the trendy Borough of Shoreditch with vibrant street art, pulsing nightlife at Hoxton Square and Old Street and finally Brick Lane, where some of the best curries outside of India can be found.
All other hotspots in London are easily accessible by public transport: The Underground- and DLR-Stations Aldgate East and Tower Bridge are just a stone's throw away.
After a long and exciting day in London, our hostel awaits you with a cozy courtyard, spacious lobby and womBAR. Here you can unwind and enjoy our reliably unexpected offers.
All rooms are equipped with ensuite bathrooms and private lockers.
Included as always - our Wombat's basics:
- our own Wombat's city maps
- the womBAR for never-ending parties & WomDollar discount on your drinks
- a guest kitchen open to all who want to cater to their own culinary needs
- 24/7 Reception
- safe luggage storage with personal lockers (small fee)
- rentables (umbrellas, hairdryers, adapters: everything an avid traveler could possibly need)
- coin-operated laundry facilities (washing and crying ... oops, sorry about the typo, of course we mean drying), so you can re-vitalize your clothes ;)
Our famous Tasty Brekkie buffet ensures you have enough energy for your exciting day in London. You can buy your tickets for a small fee at reception.
(Minimum age: 18.)
(Hooligans out there: please find an alternative accommodation to our hostel)