Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
Within 1 week of arrival: 100% cancellation charge.
Within 2 weeks of arrival: 50% cancellation charge.
Outside of 2 weeks: No charge applies for cancellations or reductions.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Large groups are expected to respect other guests - excessive noise is not permitted, the hostel is quiet after 10pm.
Any alcohol use must be in a responsible manner.
Lost keys will incur a $20 charge per key.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Junior / Primary School, Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Dorset House cannot accommodate children under 12 years of age. Children between 12-18 must be accompanied by an appropriate number of parents or guardians and well supervised.
Groups of up to 10 can be accommodated in a mixture of 5-share and 2-share rooms, with no more than 5 persons per share room. Double rooms and singles are also available.
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Você deve aceitar os termos e condições para que possamos confirmar sua reserva.
Descrição do estabelecimento
It is situated in a lovely quiet garden setting and is right next to leafy Hagley Park. Built in 1871 as home for a wealthy timber merchant, Dorset House has a fascinating history. It blends character charm with modern facilities, and offers quality budget accommodation in Christchurch. Fully renovated in 2012.
There is plenty of light and space, no bunk beds, and every bed is fully made. There is a full kitchen available, guest laundry facilities, and a large guest lounge room (previously the house's ballroom). Free car-parking is available on a 'first come first serve' basis.
Dorset House offers FREE unlimited WiFi access throughout the hostel. Long Term (extended weekly stays) are welcome during winter months from May-August.
You will find everything you need for a comfortable stay, including the assistance of our helpful staff. Minx the cat will be asleep on her chair too.
We endeavour to make your stay easy for you. Dorset House offers 24-hour late check-in available on request (please contact us for the door code).
Christchurch is recovering and there's still plenty to do in the Garden City. We'd love to have you stay at Dorset House.
- Acesso gratuito à Internet
- Estacionamento gratuito
- Mapas da cidade gratuítos
- WiFi Gratís
- Café da manhã não incluído
- Chuveiros de água quente
- Estacionamento para bicicletas
- luz de leitura
- Quarto comum
- Troca de livros
- Depósito de bagagens
- Passeios/Informações turísticas
- Toalhas para alugar
- Máquinas de venda automática
- Cartões de crédito aceitos
- Sem restrição de horário
- Proibido Fumar
- IVA Incluído
Reception hours are 9am - 5pm at Dorset House.
If you plan to arrive at Dorset House after reception closes at 5pm, please contact us prior to your arrival to let us know and to receive the door code (also in your confirmation email).
If the total cost of your booking is over $200.00 we may pre-authorise the booking amount to your credit card. This puts a hold on the set amount to ensure that you have enough funds in your account to successfully pay for the booking. Please note, if your card has been pre-authorised the total charge of the booking must be charged to this card upon check-in as this will remove the hold on funds from the card.
In the event you need to cancel your reservation we will require '2 full days' notice. Reservations cancelled with less than 2 full days notice will be charged for the first nights' stay. For clarity - a reservation made for a Wednesday night must be cancelled prior to close of our reception (5pm) on the Sunday night to be considered outside the cancellation period.
Por favor, digite a senha para a conta <% email %>